Educators and thinkers have their own visions on education. Here are ten best definitions of eminent personalities who have contributed immensely to the society.
1. Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.
2. For my part, I desire to see the time when education and by its means, morality, sobriety, enterprise and industry shall become much more general than at present and should be gratified to have it in my power to contribute something to the advancement of any measure which might have a tendency to accelerate happy period.
3. Education should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
4. Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities because in each of us there is a private hope and dream, which fulfilled can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength of our nation.
John F Kennedy
5. Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
6. Our education apparatus can’t be one that produces robots. That can happen in laboratory. There has to be overall personality development.
7. Education should create dynamic citizen, so that they are able to meet the needs of modern complex life.
8. It goes against the grain of modern education to teach students to program. What fun is there to making plans, acquiring discipline, organizing thoughts, devoting attention to detail and learning to be self critical.
9. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
10. The function of education is to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Don’t you feel all these thoughts on education have vital importance in the present scenario. What are your views? What kind of education should we impart to the students?