Water sources are depleting
Agricultural yield dropping
Oceans becoming acidic
Droughts becoming intense
Incessant rains and
What is happening? Will this friendly earth will turn a foe? What are the reasons for these climatic changes?
It’s Global Warming
What is global warming?
Global warming is the increase of earth’s temperature due to effect of greenhouse gases such as carbon-dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels or from deforestation, which trap heat that would otherwise escape from earth. This will badly affect people and wild life.
“Scientists have been warning about global warming for decades. It’s too late to stop it now, but we can lessen its severity and impacts.”
How can we contribute to reduce global warming?
Here are ten ways to reduce global warming
1. Say no to Plastics. To manufacture plastic cups to automobiles, energy is drawn from fossil fuels. Use of these contribute to carbon emission. So reduce use of plastic bags, cups etc.,
2. Afforestation: Planting trees reduce green house gases. Let us plant more and more trees and reduce global warming.
3. Use of energy efficient products: Simple ways to cut green house gas emissions are to use less heat and air-conditioners. Buy energy efficient products.
4. Drive less and drive smart
5. Clean Renewable energy: By ramping up renewable energy we can cut global warming emissions. Examples of renewable energy are solar energy, wind energy, hydro-power energy, geothermal energy and biomass energy.
6. Stop burning fossil fuels: Oil, coal, natural gas and gasoline are used in cars, factories, homes and power-plants.
7. Majority of fossil fuels have to be left in ground: Leading scientists urge 75% of known fossil fuel reserves must stay in ground. To make this possible use less of products that burn oil, coal and gas.
8. Nuclear fusion to become a practical power source: Initiatives are taken to harness nuclear fusion power to be a source of large scale sustainable energy.
9. Waste management: Garbage is the main source of methane, a green house gas. Nowadays land fill gases are used for generating renewable energy.
10. Conserve water: Green house emissions that are produced while purifying and distributing water causes climatic change. Conserve water by closing taps immediately after use. Ensure that there are no leaky faucets and toilets. Landscape with plants and grass that use less water.
These are the contributions that we can make in a small way to save this earth.These may seem to be small but helps in a great way.