By Ashi Kalim
Parenting is an art-a skill. Parents are their children “Bright Knights” and aspire to set a positive impact on their kiddos.
The parents should always be a HERO for child. Getting weird on kids!!is a big no.
Parenting is not wildness but being patient and perseverant that will yield result. Not only academically but also emotionally. Develop an atmosphere where child runs for you for any emotional guidance. And that day take my words “You will be the Happiest Parent Around” A MENTOR, FRIEND & GUIDE.
Our parents always pressurised us to take up subjects that would help for our betterment (though exceptions are always there). At that time, they were numbing on the very idea of us choosing future in music, dance, arts or anything. They forced us to take medicine (MBBS) or still an engineering (B.Tech.)
BUT please before plunging yourself check the potential of your child. Don’t drag them into what you want to make them instead let them BECOME…support them.
As if the river/water makes it ways through mountains. You create a path; the water will automatically flow through it. Don’t force or pressurise the water to make its own path.
We have a little example of movie “DANGAL” the movie was not about wrestling and medals but it was all about parenting. A poor father’s vision who himself lived in an orthodox, patriarchal society aspired to won Gold medal for the Nation.
Slowly and slowly he carved the path, the parent goes through all odds and finally wins. It was the Fathers triumph and his skills of parenting!
He taught them the WISDOM TO LEARN.
There are few celebrities who are either dropouts or have minimal academic education.
Anyone of us can be a SACHIN TENDULKAR, AZIM PREMJI, MARK TWAIN, MARY KOM who is a school dropout, ALBERT EINSTEIN, WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, the most acclaimed our very own AAMIR KHAN has passed out 12th.
Success has no parameters parents, it is not achieved academically but only by pursuing Dreams, sticking to our child believes and making a best way for your children.
We are afraid to be called a short-coming Mom and rise each day with guilt. Don’t run let them grow, these precious years of growing up will never come back. While posting a Happy Pic on INSTA & FACEBOOK – Doesn’t means all is fine.
Go find the reasons Rescue yourself and your child before it’s too late!!
Becoming a super parent only creates lot of mental stress on the child.
Let them grow amidst nature, let them EXPERIENCE gradually they will develop the art of learning.
Some great tips to embark confidence in your children:
Ways to Respect your children and ways to know them in a better way.
Every parent Must read:
- Put away your phone in their presence.
- Pay attention to what they are saying.
- Accept their opinions and point of view.
- Engage in their conversations.
- Look at them with respect.
- Always praise them.
- Share good news with them.
- Be sensitive when speaking about their friends.
- Keep in remembrance the good things they did.
- If they repeat a story, listen like it’s the first time they tell it.
- Don’t bring up painful memories from the past.
- Avoid side conversations in their presence.
- Don’t belittle/criticize their opinions and thoughts.
- Respect their age.
- Avoid cutting them off when they speak.
- Give them the power of leadership when they are present.
- Avoid raising your voice at them.
- Avoid walking in front or ahead of them.
- Fill them with ur appreciation even when they don’t think they deserve it. (Most Important)
- Avoid putting your feet up in front of them or sitting with your back to them.
- Don’t speak ill of them to the point where others speak ill of them too.
- Keep them in your prayers as much as possible.
- Avoid seeming bored or tired of them in their presence.
- Avoid laughing at their faults / mistakes.
- Choose your words carefully when speaking with them.
- Call them by names they like.
- Make them your priority after God above anything n everything worldly.
Children are parents treasure and their most precious gift of God.
They must have seen the world lesser than us but they see it in a different way which we need to appreciate.
Listen to them and try giving them as much time as you can.
However busy we may be, These moments are more precious than anything in this world.
Parenting is an art not a job
A short Poem goes:
DEAR MOMMY, PLEASE SLOW DOWN
& CAN, YOU PLEASE HOLD MY HAND
I’M GROWING UP AS FAST I COULD
SO, I COULD CATCH UP WITH YOU
DON’T YOU SEE DADDY
YOU ARE MY HERO
I’M OBSERVING YOUR ACTION
LEARNING FROM YOU
I WANT TO GROW UP LIKE YOU
SO, MOM-DAD PLEASE DON’T HURRY
I CAN STUMBLE AND
BUT I’LL PICK MYSELF AND HURRY
I LOVE HOW WHEN YOU SLOWDOWN
AND PICK ME UP
FEELING SAFE IN YOUR ARMS
SO, MUMMIES DON’T CRY